Sunday, March 2, 2014

A quick tutorial of a Miniature Side Table


How To Make A Side Table

This is a quick table to make. I used balsa wood for the table top, you can find this at most hobby stores. Balsa isn't a strong wood by any means but I'm not really using it in a miniature display. Once made it will not be touched again.
     I cut the size I wanted out of balsa and took 4 fancy toothpicks. Cut the ends off the toothpicks to the length I needed and rounded off the cut ends. I took one toothpick and indented a small groove into the soft balsa, don't push to hard or you'll break it. I did this for all four corners that I marked for the legs. I then dabbed a small amount of glue into the indentions and inserted the (toothpick) legs. Let dry and painted the piece white. That's it.. A quick table.


No comments:

Post a Comment